According to Semrush Report, in September 2023 Twitter (X) traffic Stats were “8.21B Visits, 1.84 Pages / Visit, 22:09 Avg. Visit Duration, 73.25% Bounce Rate”, Twitter offers an immense opportunity for businesses to expand their reach, engage with customers, and drive real results.
However, navigating Twitter’s unique platform and culture can be challenging, especially for brands just starting out. This is where partnering with a Twitter marketing expert can provide tremendous value.
In today’s social media-driven world, an effective Twitter presence is no longer optional for brands – it’s mandatory. Just think about it: Twitter enables you to increase awareness, traffic, leads and sales by directly connecting with your target audience where they’re most active.
Twitter’s real-time nature means you can capitalize on trending topics and insert your brand into relevant conversations. Whether you’re a startup seeking to grow, a small business wanting to boost local engagement, or an enterprise brand aiming to humanize – a skilled Twitter marketer can help you accomplish your goals.
By offering Twitter management and advertising services, you can empower businesses to realize the platform’s full potential. From community management to content creation to influencer campaigns, the opportunities to generate results are immense (and profitable).
How to Sell Twitter Marketing Services?
This guide will walk you through how to sell your own Twitter marketing services and capitalize on this in-demand opportunity. Let’s get started!
You Must Learn from These Guides Too:
Who Should Buy Twitter Marketing Services?
Twitter may not be the right fit for every business. But for many, investing in Twitter marketing services can provide an impressive ROI. Here are the main types of businesses that should strongly consider utilizing expert Twitter services:
Businesses Looking to Establish Their Brand on Social Media:
- Twitter has over 8.21B Visits per month – an enormous audience to tap into
- This unique opportunity for brands to develop their identity and voice
- Allows businesses to directly engage with target demographics
- Valuable channel for driving brand awareness and recognition
- Startups seeking to create initial brand buzz and a core following
- Businesses that are new to social media marketing
- Brands that want an active presence across social platforms
Businesses Targeting Younger Demographics:
- 67% of Twitter users are under 50 years old
- Crucial platform for targeting Millennials, Gen Z, college students
- Tend to be early adopters of new brands on social media
- Respond well to authentic engagement and community-building
- Consumer tech companies targeting younger crowds
- Youth-oriented CPG brands
- Gaming companies/streaming services
- Colleges/universities engaging students
Businesses Looking to Drive Website Traffic and Leads:
- Tweets allow the inclusion of links to drive site traffic
- Lead generation tactics like giveaways and promotions
- Retargeting website visitors for gated content offers
- Customer acquisition directly from the platform
- E-commerce brands driving to product pages
- B2B companies acquiring contacts through content offers
- Restaurants promoting online food orders
- Companies boosting registrations for webinars or events
Brands Wanting to Monitor and Engage With Customers:
- Real-time conversation monitoring
- Responding to customer questions and feedback
- Proactively reaching out to users mentioning your brand
- Community management and engagement opportunities
- Customer service-focused brands
- Companies wanting insights into brand sentiment
- Businesses that value relationship-building
- Brands concerned about reputation management
The bottom line? Any brand investing in Twitter marketing services needs clear goals and reasonable expectations. However, those who strategically lean into their strengths on the platform can achieve fantastic results. An experienced Twitter marketer helps maximize that ROI.
Services You Can Offer as a Twitter Marketing Expert
Managing a business’s Twitter presence encompasses a wide range of potential services and responsibilities. When pitching your Twitter marketing skills, be prepared to provide a full suite of offerings to meet all of a client’s needs on the platform.
Here are some of the most in-demand services to highlight:
This involves overseeing all of the day-to-day activity of a Twitter account:
- Posting daily content – Tweets, images, videos, and threads that engage the audience and are on-brand.
- Interacting with followers – Liking posts, responding to mentions and comments, answering DMs.
- Monitoring conversations – Tracking relevant hashtags, brand mentions, and discussions. Identify opportunities, trends, and potential issues.
- Reporting – Provide monthly recap reports showing community growth, engagement, and highlights.
- Customer service – Handle or escalate user questions and feedback.
- Influencer outreach – Connect with influencers in the industry to set up partnerships, promotions, etc.
The lifeblood of any Twitter account is quality content. Offer to:
- Develop a content calendar – Map out tweets, visuals, and campaigns on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Write engaging tweets – Craft text, threads, and captions that grab attention and connect with followers. (How to Write a Good Tweet)
- Design visual assets – Partner with graphic designers to create custom Twitter images, GIFs, and videos. (How to Make Visual Assets)
- Optimize for the algorithm – Use hashtags, mentions, and other tactics to boost reach and engagement.
Hashtag usage is key on Twitter. Provide expertise in:
- Identifying relevant hashtags – Find hashtags frequented by the target audience to expand reach.
- Creating branded hashtags – Develop unique hashtags for campaigns and promotions to generate excitement.
- Tracking performance – Use analytics to see which hashtags are working and which to drop.
Influencers allow brands to tap into existing engaged networks. Offer to:
- Identify the right influencers – Find influencers who genuinely like the brand and reach the target market.
- Recruit influencers – Pitch them on promotions, products to highlight, giveaways, or sponsored content.
- Manage partnerships – Oversee negotiated partnerships from start to finish.
Twitter Ads Management
For brands with advertising budgets, manage the full process:
- Setting up/optimizing ads account – Ensure correct tracking, bidding, and billing setup.
- Developing & testing campaigns – Create, iterate, and optimize ad campaigns to meet KPIs.
- Managing budget and billing – Keep ad spending on track and invoice clients for reimbursement.
- Reporting on results – Present campaign insights, performance metrics, and recommendations.
By providing a full suite of Twitter marketing services, you demonstrate expertise across all of the key areas that comprise an effective brand presence on the platform. This establishes credibility and showcases the breadth of value you offer.
Pricing Your Twitter Marketing Services
When selling your services, developing the right pricing model is critical. You want to charge rates that are competitive, profitable for you, and perceived as valuable by clients.
Here are some popular pricing strategies to consider:
Charging by the hour allows you to price services flexibly:
Establish a general hourly rate for your services (e.g. $50/hour)
Charge different hourly rates for specialized services:
- Content Creation: $75/hour
- Community Management: $60/hour
- Ad Management: $85/hour
Bill for actual time spent on client projects
Easy to increase rates over time as you gain experience
The downside is you’re limited by hours in the day. Caps earning potential.
Retainers provide predictable recurring revenue:
- The client pays an agreed monthly fee for ongoing services.
- The typical range is $500 – $5,000 per month depending on the services required.
- Locks in consistent revenue you can depend on.
- Incentivizes clients to fully utilize your services to maximize value.
Price based on the value you deliver to each client:
- Assess the client’s goals, target metrics, and expected ROI
- Estimate the value you can realistically deliver
- Price services based on a percentage of that value
- For example, if you can potentially boost sales by $100k, charge 10% of that
Bundled Service Packages
Offer pre-defined bundles targeting different needs:
- Starter: $750/mo. – 3 posts/day, community management, reporting
- Advanced: $2,000/mo – Full community management, content creation, 1 ad campaign
- Premium: $4,000/mo – Additional ad campaign, influencer partnerships, unlimited revisions
The pricing strategy you choose depends on your specific clients, service offerings, and business model. Set rates that reflect the value you provide and don’t be afraid to charge what you’re worth!
Getting Clients for Your Twitter Marketing Services
Once you’ve refined your service offerings and set competitive pricing, it’s time to start attracting clients! Here are proven strategies to get your first set of customers:
Leverage Existing Contacts
- Reach out to your personal and professional contacts who could benefit from Twitter marketing help.
- Offer them a free audit or discounted trial of your services.
- Ask for referrals to other businesses they think could be a good fit.
- Attend local business networking events and tech meetups.
- Introduce yourself as a Twitter marketing expert and describe the value you offer.
- Collect business cards and follow up with prospective clients.
- Build your personal Twitter brand as an industry thought leader.
- Engage with and follow your target prospects.
- Quote tweet or @ mention them offering your perspective on their tweets.
- Send targeted cold DMs pitching your services.
Run Paid Ads
- Promote your services via LinkedIn ads targeting business owners and marketers.
- Sponsor relevant industry newsletters, podcasts, or publications.
- Consider highly targeted Twitter ads.
Create Helpful Content
- Write blog posts with Twitter tips/growth strategies for businesses.
- Publish detailed case studies demonstrating your successful campaigns.
- Promote content across your social channels and newsletter.
The goal is to demonstrate your Twitter expertise and the tremendous value you can offer to brands. By consistently implementing these strategies, you’ll gain visibility and attract clients seeking your knowledge and skills. Over time, you can build a thriving business solely by providing Twitter marketing services.
In closing, selling Twitter marketing services presents a lucrative opportunity in today’s social-driven business landscape. However, succeeding requires strategic preparation:
- Understand Which Businesses Can Benefit
Not all brands need heavy investment in Twitter. Target those that align with the platform’s strengths – driving awareness, engagement, website traffic, leads, and sales.
- Offer a Complete Suite of Services
From community management to content creation to ad campaigns, provide end-to-end capabilities to fully manage a brand’s presence.
- Price Your Services Competitively
Consider hourly fees, retainers, value-based pricing, and service bundles. Align rates with the results you can realistically achieve.
- Promote Your Expertise
Actively network, run ads, create content, and establish your personal brand as a Twitter authority to attract clients.
- Deliver Fantastic Results
Over-deliver on your promises to earn referrals, case studies, and repeat business with satisfied clients.
While Twitter marketing involves effort, a strategic approach makes it very feasible to monetize your skills and expertise. For any business, Twitter can provide a wealth of new customers, leads, and brand visibility – you simply need to unlock and maximize that potential.
By selling your specialized Twitter services, you empower brands to expand their reach and see real business growth. Ultimately, everyone wins – the brands thrive on Twitter, clients get ROI, and you build a profitable Twitter marketing business.