Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On – For unknown reasons, most Westinghouse televisions in the end run into a comparable issue of basically Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On.
There are innumerable instances of Westinghouse television proprietors who say they’ve had this issue – some say it’s been an issue they’ve managed for a very long time!
Fortunately, there is an exceptionally simple fix that ought to determine around 80% or so of Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On.
Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On
In the event that your Westinghouse television won’t turn on you really want to reset it. Turn off your television and stand for an entire 60 seconds.
While the television is turned off, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After the 60 seconds are up, plug your Westinghouse television back in and it ought to work.
How to Fix Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On Issue – Full Guide in 2023
Took Out Westinghouse TV from the Wall
- While this fix sounds self-evident, turning off your Westinghouse television from the wall attachment is the most widely recognized method for inspiring it to turn back on.
- The key here is to stand by the FULL 60 seconds in fact. Have a tad of tolerance and ensure it’s been basically a moment prior to stopping it back in.
- While the television is turned off, find and hold the power button on your Westinghouse television for 30 seconds. Ensure you are holding the power button on your television, and not your remote!
- This will assist with depleting any lingering power left in the television and permits the television to delicate reset itself. This is not quite the same as essentially turning the remote on and off!
- When you plug the television back in after 60 seconds, you ought to see it power back up with no issue.
- While this fix ought to work for around 80% of cases, the excess 20% can be a piece trickier. Assuming that you’re actually experiencing difficulty getting your Westinghouse television to walk out on attempt the fixes itemized underneath.
Take Help from This: How to Mount TV on Brick
Remove Batteries from Westinghouse Remote
- In the event that turning off and once again connecting your television didn’t fix the issue, give making an effort for your far-off batteries.
- Try to remove the two batteries totally from the remote.
- With the batteries eliminated continue to hold down the power button on the remote for 30 seconds. Once more, do this for an entire 30 seconds! Not 10 seconds, 30.
- After the full 30 seconds are up, set the batteries back in the remote and attempt to turn on the television. It would be ideal for it to control back on.
- You should think about placing another set of batteries during this step just certainly.
- If both of the two stages above fix your Westinghouse television power issue however at that point a couple of days or weeks after the fact you run into a similar issue, you’ll need to attempt factory resetting your television for a more long-lasting solution.
Factory Reset Westinghouse TV
- With the television turned on (ideally turning off it or eliminating the remote batteries had the option to briefly control the television) click the Home button on your remote.
- Then go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset > Factory Reset Everything. Your television will switch now and again in the future and afterward show the initial setup screen.
- This will basically reestablish your Westinghouse television to the settings it had on the day you bought the TV.
Factory Reset Westinghouse TV without Remote
If for reasons unknown you don’t access your television’s remote, you can in any case factory reset your Westinghouse television.
Use Side Buttons on the TV
- To do this, track down the undersized reset button on the backside of your television. Contingent upon the model you have this might be on the right-hand side, left-hand side, or extremely lower part of your TV.
- You need to take a ballpoint pen and then you need to press that reset button for 10-15 seconds. You ought to see the Westinghouse logo show up on television. At the point when you do, you can quit pressing the rest button.
USB console or Keyboard
- On the off chance that you’re experiencing difficulty tracking down these buttons on your television, or on the other hand assuming your television is mounted without a doubt having a tough time, there are different choices.
- To begin with, consider connecting a USB keyboard straightforwardly to the backside of your Westinghouse television.
- You can then utilize the keyboard to guide and reset your television.
Use Westinghouse Roku TV App
- Another choice, in the event that you have a Westinghouse Roku television, is to download the Roku application to your smartphone.
- Subsequent to interfacing your television with the application, you can involve your smartphone as a remote.
Use Universal Remote
- The last possibility is to get a Universal Remote you have lying around and enter the proper Westinghouse code for the remote to make it work.
- Right now you ought to have completely settled your power issues yet in the event you haven’t I’ve incorporated a few extra advances worth difficult prior to tapping out.
Unplug and Plug Again the Power Cord from the Backside of the Westinghouse Television
- One more quite simple possible fix to your power issue is to turn off the power rope from the backside of the television.
- Leave this turned off for 60 seconds or so and afterward plug it back in.
- At the point when you plug it back in ensure that the association is cozy! You don’t maintain that this should be free by any means – a tight association is essential to guarantee the television is getting steady power.
- With the power cable connected backside, power on the television utilizing the television power button, not with the help of a remote.
- Ideally, you see the television reawaken.
Select the Right Input Source
- Your Westinghouse television could appear to not turn on due to a wrong input source. You need to pick the appropriate input for your television to accurately work.
- So whether you’re utilizing a streaming gadget, DVD player, or cable box, double-check that your television source/input matches the number of HDMI ports being utilized. In the model underneath, you’d turn the television to “HDMI 2”.
You can choose the right input source utilizing two unique techniques:
Technique 1 – Empower Input Source utilizing a Remote Control.
- Turn on your television.
- Press the Source button on your Remote Control.
- Choose the ideal input mode
Technique 2 – Change Input Source without Remote Control
- Turn on your television
- Press the MENU button as an afterthought or lower part of the television
- Utilize the volume button to guide the source choice.
- Press the menu button to choose the ideal input source.
Note: A few televisions have a source button at the backside or any side that you can use to choose your selected input source.
Attempt An Alternate Power Plug
- While far-fetched the reason is, on the off chance that you’re actually having no luck up until this point, we would take a try at connecting your Westinghouse television to an alternate power plug in your home.
- Here and their outlets have a short or a blown fuse and we simply don’t have any acquaintance with it.
- On the other hand, to carry your television around, you could essentially get one more modest tool and extension it into the power source you’re attempting to use for your television.
- On the off chance that you see that gadget power on, you realize that specific outlet is working and that is likely not your issue.
- Once more, this is logically not the reason but rather a beneficial investigating step that ought to rush to remove a suspect.
Backlight is Broken
- Assuming nothing has worked to this point it is entirely conceivable that the Backlight of your Westinghouse television is broken.
- A simple method for deciding if this is the case is to turn on your television and afterward take a flashlight and bring it exceptionally near your television screen.
- Look carefully to check whether there is any picture on the screen when you flash the light.
- On the off chance that you see an image showing up, however, it’s incredibly weak, it’s likely on the grounds that the backlight of your television fizzled and it should be supplanted.
The motherboard might be Damaged Now
- Assuming there was a tempest as of late, it’s conceivable that your motherboard got fried. Sadly, the best way to be aware without a doubt is to remove the back framing from your Westinghouse television.
- When you do this, you’ll see a couple of boards – the motherboard is normally on the left and the power board on the right.
- To be certain that the issue isn’t the power board, you need to connect your television and turn it on, and afterward disconnect the link that interfaces the motherboard to the power board, from the side of the power board.
- In the event that the television actually illuminates, you realize the power board is fine, and you have a terrible motherboard.
- Motherboards are really modest to supplant, simply ensure you get the specific substitution by actually taking a look at the numbers on the actual board.
- Or on the other hand, in the event that you’re not happy doing this without anyone’s help, feel free to have a television repairman help you.
Contact Westinghouse Support [Recommended]
- In the event that you actually can’t get your Westinghouse television to turn on, you can have a go at reaching the Westinghouse support team.
- You can arrive at their assistance hotline at 1 (866) 442-7873.
- Or Fill out the Form at the Support Page: Click Here
More TV Guides:
Westinghouse televisions can be fussy with regard to power. In the event that your Westinghouse television won’t turn on attempt these fixes in a specific order:
- Turn off your television from the wall and stand for 60 seconds.
- Eliminate the batteries from your remote and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Factory reset your television regardless of your remote.
- Reseat the power cable toward the backside of your television.
- Ensure your television is on the right input source.
- Take a stab at connecting your television to an alternate power plug.
- Send the television in for a backlight substitution.
- Send the television in for a motherboard substitution.
- To pull up your guarantee and check whether it is as yet legitimate, in any case, you’re stuck purchasing another television.
Inform us as to whether this aided fix your Westinghouse TV Won’t Turn On Issue. On the off chance that you made progress accomplishing something different, leave a comment in the comment section below and we will get back to you with all the solutions for your queries.
Please share this guide with your friends and family who are using Westinghouse Roku Smart TV.