Fix iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder: iTunes is a multimedia player application developed by Apple. The iTunes App is available for iPhone, iPad, iPod devices as well as Mac and Windows computers. iTunes can also play audio and video files from CD and DVD discs. But sometimes it shows an error as iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder.
When you face this error, iTunes will not play any file from the CD or DVD in Mac. This error also prevents the CD/DVD burning process through iTunes App. In this article, we will learn about the iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder error and some effective ways to fix it.
iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder Error
When you install iTunes App on Mac or Windows System, it creates a folder named CD Configuration. This folder has settings to help iTunes read the audio and video files on CD or DVD inserted into the computer. When the CD Configuration folder is deleted or corrupted or not at its correct location, iTunes will show this error as mentioned below:
“iTunes cannot locate the CD Configuration folder, so you cannot import or burn CDs and DVDs. The folder must be in the same directory as iTunes”.
What Happens When iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder
This is a simple error in iTunes, but it affects two important tasks related to CDs and DVDs. When iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder, you cannot import and play audio or video files from CD or DVD discs. In addition, you cannot burn new CD or DVD on Mac using iTunes App. So it is better if you don’t ignore this error and focus on how to fix it in an easy way.
How to Fix iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder
In order to fix this error, you need to understand the CD Configuration folder. This folder plays an important role to import, play files from CD, DVDs as well as burn media files from Mac to a CD or DVD. If you want to perform any of these tasks then you have to find a solution for the iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder error. Here we provide some best ways to fix the iTunes error as under:
1. Copy CD Configuration folder to iTunes Location
iTunes App is also available for Windows Computer System. It is possible that your PC has less space in C Drive. So you have installed iTunes App in another drive e.g. D Drive. Now the CD Configuration folder is created in C Drive by iTunes. In such a situation, you will definitely face the error as “iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder.”
In order to fix this error, you need to copy the CD Configuration folder from C Drive. Thereafter paste that folder in the folder/directory where iTunes is located. When the locations of both the iTunes and CD Configuration folder will be the same, the “iTunes cannot locate error..” will go away.
Steps to Copy CD Configuration folder to iTunes Location:
- Double Click on “My Computer” or “This PC” icon to open that window.
- Find and Select “Local Disk C” which is also known as System Disk.
- Open “Disk C” and go to “Program Files” folder.
- Navigate to “iTunes” folder and double click to open it.
- Select “CD Configuration” folder and copy it.
- Go to another drive where iTunes is installed.
- Paste “CD Configuration” folder in the same directory as iTunes.
- Restart your Computer and check if the error is fixed.
02. Repair iTunes Setup
When you paste CD Configuration folder at the same directory as iTunes, iTunes should now be able to locate the CD Configuration folder. If you are still facing the same error then you need to perform two tasks i.e. Move CD Configuration folder to Desktop and Repair iTunes Setup.
[I] Move CD Configuration folder to Desktop
- Open “My Computer” or “This PC.”
- Then open C Drive i.e. Local Disk C.
- Go to Program Files and open the iTunes folder.
- Cut the “CD Configuration” folder and Paste it on the Desktop.
[II] Repair iTunes Setup
- Open “Start Menu” and select “Control Panel.”
- Go to “Programs and Features.”
- Select “iTunes” and click on the “Repair” option.
- Repair iTunes Setup and Restart the computer.
Also Learn: Fix iPad is Disabled Connect to iTunes
We hope that the iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder error is solved after you have repaired iTunes Setup. For More Information, Click Here.