How to Disable WiFi Calling on a OnePlus Smartphone – If you’re a OnePlus user, you’ve probably noticed that WiFi calling is enabled by default on your device. This feature allows you to make and receive calls over WiFi when you don’t have a strong cellular signal.
While that’s super convenient in a lot of situations, WiFi calling can also lead to some annoying issues like call dropping, poor voice quality, and rapid battery drain.
Personally, I find it super frustrating when I’m on an important call and the WiFi signal starts acting up, causing the call to disconnect suddenly.
And don’t even get me started on the battery drain! It seems like anytime WiFi calling is activated, my battery life takes a major hit. Recently, I decided enough was enough and it was time to disable WiFi calling on my OnePlus 8.
How To Disable WiFi Calling on a OnePlus Smartphone?
Luckily, turning off WiFi calling is simple and only takes a few taps in your Settings menu. Just open Settings, choose Mobile Network, select your SIM card, tap WiFi Calling, and flip the switch to the off position. And that’s it! If you have a dual SIM, you’ll need to repeat the process for each SIM.
Disabling this feature has made a world of difference in my calling experience and battery life. No more unexpected dropped calls or racing to find a charger at 20% battery!
If you’re fed up with WiFi calling issues, I definitely recommend giving this quick Settings tweak a try. Your OnePlus will thank you!
Why You Should Disable WiFi Calling from OnePlus?
- Wi-Fi calling allows making calls over Wi-Fi when the cell signal is weak.
- Can result in call dropping and signal issues, so disabling can help.
- Easy process to turn off Wi-Fi calling in Settings app on OnePlus phones.
- Wi-Fi calling is enabled by default on most carriers and OnePlus devices.
- Useful for better call quality with poor cell signal, but can be problematic.
- Follow simple Settings menu steps to toggle off Wi-Fi calling.
- Option available for each SIM card if using dual SIM OnePlus phone.
The Pros and Cons of Wi-Fi Calling
Wi-Fi calling, also known as VoWiFi, routes calls over a Wi-Fi connection rather than cellular when you have a weak mobile signal. This feature is offered by most carriers and enabled by default on OnePlus smartphones.
While Wi-Fi calling improves call quality in poor reception areas, it can also lead to call dropping, signal fluctuation, and fast battery drain. Disabling it may help resolve these issues.
How To Disable WiFi Calling on a OnePlus Smartphone? Step by Step
If you want to turn off Wi-Fi calling on your OnePlus device, just follow these easy steps:
- Open Settings app.
- Tap Mobile Network.
- Select your SIM card.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Calling option.
- Toggle off the switch next to Wi-Fi Calling to disable.
If using dual SIM, repeat for each SIM as desired. With a few quick taps in Settings, you can disable Wi-Fi calling when it’s causing connection problems.
Did You Miss: