In this guide, you will learn how to change notes password on iPhone as well as reset your notes password if you want by following the below step-by-step guide.
How to Change Notes Password on iPhone? Quick Way:
- To Change Notes Password: Settings > Notes > Password > On My iPhone > Change Password.
- To Reset Notes Password: Settings > Notes > Password > On My iPhone > Reset Password.
Want to change the notes app password on your iPhone? Well, this guide will help you to change or reset your password.
How to Change a Notes Password on iPhone?
By following the below instructions, you can ensure that your notes are secured again.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the Notes option.
- Tap on Password.
- Select On My iPhone.
- Press Change Password.
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field and then enter your new desired password twice.
- Add a hint for future reference.
- Press Done and your Notes password will be changed with no confirmation on the screen.
How to Reset a Forgotten Notes Password on iPhone?
Forgot your iPhone Notes app password? Don’t worry, you can easily reset it by following the below steps:
Warning: It’s important to note that if you will reset your Notes app password, that will not give you complete access to notes that were previously protected using your old notes app password. These notes can only be unlocked using the old password, even after the reset. The reset process only changes the password used for any new notes that you create and lock.
Need to reset your forgotten Notes app password on your iPhone? Follow these easy steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select the Notes App.
- Click on Password.
- Select On My iPhone.
- Press Reset Password.
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode.
- Click on the reset button in the pop-up menu.
- Enter your new desired password twice, and add a hint.
- If you want to use Face ID to unlock notes, Keep the Use Face ID option turned on.
- Press Done and your Notes password will be reset.
How to Share Notes on An iPhone?
- Open the Notes app and find the note you want to share.
- Tap and hold the note to bring up the menu.
- Tap the share icon (it looks like a square with an upward arrow).
- Select the method of sharing you prefer, such as Mail, iMessage, Airdrop, etc.
- Add the recipient(s) email address or phone number.
- Add a message (if desired).
- Tap send.
How to Lock Notes on an iPhone?
- Open the Notes app and find the note you want to lock.
- Tap the note to open it.
- Tap the Share icon (square with an upward arrow).
- Tap on “Lock Note”.
- A lock icon will appear on the top right corner of the note, indicating that it’s locked.
- Enter a password and verify it, and add a hint (if desired).
- Tap “Done” to lock the note.
About Notes App:
The Notes app on iPhone is a note taking tool that allows users to create, edit, and organize notes, making it a great way to keep track of ideas, tasks, and important information which you usually forget.
With its simple and unique interface, users can easily create new notes and add text, images, and even drawings to existing notes.
The app offers a variety of formatting options, such as bold, italic, underline, and text alignment, to help users organize and format their notes.
Users can also add bullet points and number lists to their notes for easy readability. At the same time, the app also offers the ability to create headings and subheadings, which can be used to organize notes on different topics.
The Notes app also offers a variety of organizational tools, such as the ability to create folders and subfolders, which can be used to organize notes by type. Users can also add tags on the notes, which can be used to quickly find and sort notes by topic or keyword.
One of the most useful features of the Notes app is sharing notes with others. Users can share notes via email, iMessage, Airdrop, or even by making a unique shareable link. With this, iPhone users can share projects or important notes with other iPhone users.
Another great feature of the Notes app is the power to lock notes. This feature allows users to protect their notes with a password, ensuring that only they can access their private information.
This is particularly useful for storing susceptible information such as private notes, passwords, or financial information such as bank account numbers, finance apps usernames, etc.