Windows 10 never allow users to format outside USB drivers that have a size of more than 32GB into FAT32 file system. The format utility conversation offers only NTFS, and also exFAT file programs such as USB drives larger than 32GB.
As you probably know, macOS does not allow you to write files into the NTFS file system whereas it could read and write to the FAT32 file system.
Fat32 Formatter Windows 10
Since Windows 10 format usefulness does not allow you to format USB drives bigger than 32GB into the FAT32 file system, we will need to use the disk drive in the Command Prompt or utilize a third-party application to format the USB drive into the FAT32 file system.
Format USB Drives to FAT32 In Windows 10
Before we explain to you how you can replicate your USB drive into the FAT32 file system, do not forget that the FAT32 does not support files bigger than 4GB. In other words, if a document is bigger than 4GB in size, then you cannot move it into FAT32 drives.
Solution #1: Format USB to Fat32 with Command Prompt
Users must be aware that formatting big USB drives to FAT32 might take some time. If you can’t wait for hours, then please utilize the instrument mentioned in Strategy 2 of the manual.
Please back up all information to a different location before moving. If you would like to format a USB drive from NTFS to FAT32 without losing any information.
- Open the Command Prompt as secretary. To do this, sort CMD from the Start/taskbar hunt area, right-click over the Control Prompt entry, then click Run as secretary alternative.
- Tap on the Yes button once you reach the User Account Control display.
- In the Command Prompt, use the next option. WARNING: All information on your drive will be erased.
Format /FS:FAT32 X:
- In the command box, change “X” with the drive letter of this USB drive which you would like to format into your FAT32 file system.
- As said earlier, it may take a while to format your drive. Hit the Enter key when requested to perform the command.
Solution #2: Format USB drives to FAT32 with FAT32 Formatter tool Windows 10
In this section, you don’t need to use the command prompt, but here you can download free utility to format USB drives that is more than 32GB into the FAT32 file system.
- Download and use FAT32 Formatter Tool.
- Select the USB Drive, now, choose the quick format option and tap on the Start Format button to start formatting driver to the FAT32 file system. But you need to understand that all the data inside the USB drive will be erased completely.
All third-party partition management programs round aid partitioning 32GB+ drive to the FAT32 file system. You are able to use some of these.
Solution #3: Convert NTFS to FAT32 without losing data
Well, there are a number of third-party utilities available to assist you to convert NTFS drives to FAT32 without sacrificing information, but they’re not free!
When there are a few free utilities readily available, they encourage little USB drives just. Partition Wizard, Partition Master, and also AOMEI NTFS to FAT32 Converter all enable you to convert NTFS drives to FAT32 without causing data loss, however not one of them is totally free.
There’s a convert utility in Windows, but it might convert FAT32 to NTFS just rather than vice versa! Consequently, should you have to convert NTFS drives to FAT32 without dropping information, it would be sensible to back up data to a different place and format the USB drive to FAT32 instead of purchasing a third-party application for the one-time task.
Don’t we know whether there’s a real free app (with no restrictions) to convert NTFS to FAT32 without causing data loss?
Also Read: How to Fix MMC Could Not Create the Snap-in
So, now you have a complete solution with our tried and tested methods and you can follow these methods to perform fat32 formatter windows 10 and if you still have any query then you can drop your queries in the comment section below.