There are so many Geeknism users, who use Mac as their daily driver and those readers reported that Do not disturb is not working on Mac properly on Mac. At the same time, there are people who also experience more issues such as mentioned below:
- Do not disturb does not silence Mac notifications.
- The issue in turn on or off in do not disturb issue.
- Do not disturb the setting turns on or off itself.
With the do not disturb feature, you can limit all the interference and you can focus on your important task on your Mac. It is quite a handy feature which helps you to increase your productivity. If it is not working as you want, and notifications pop-out so many times then you can disable it. But what if do not disturb not working on Mac running on macOS Big Sur.
In this case, you can follow this in-depth guide to understand how you can fix do not disturb not showing on mac.
Do not Disturb Not Working on Mac
Before proceeding to fix this issue, we highly recommend you make sure to check that your mac running on the latest version of macOS. If you don’t know how to check the latest software version on Mac, then you can check by this pattern: Go to System Preferences > Software Update.
Restart the Notification Center with Full Steps:
First, we highly recommend you try restart notification center to check if this helps to fix the issue of do not disturb feature on Mac. So, let’s follow steps to restart the notification center:
Use Activity on Monitor
- First, open the Activity Monitor on Mac by this pattern (Applications > Utilities). You can use the spotlight as well to launch it.
- You can follow the search field to check the notification center
- Now, select and tap on Quit Button and then choose Quit.
- Now, go to Notification Center that will restart the Mac.
We highly recommend you to try to use the Terminal App by following the below process:
- Open the Terminal App (Apps > Utilities). You can also use Spotlight to open the app.
- Now, enter the following commands and hit return.
serhatkurt@Serhats-iMac ~ killall notificationCenter
Test the above command and check whether the do not disturb feature start working on Mac or not.
Safe Mode in Mac
If your issue isn’t fixed till now, simply restart mac in safe mode to check if this fix DND on Mac, so let’s learn with step by step process:
- Start your Mac in Safe Mode and the procedure might be different on your side that depends on the type of Mac you are using: Intel or Apple Silicon (M1).
- Intel-Based Macs: Turn off Mac, and ensure that mac is completely turned off and later, turn on Mac and without any delay, press and hold the Shift Key until you see the login screen and then login into Mac.
- M1-based Macs: Turn off the Mac, press and hold the Power Button until you see the startup options Now choose Startup Disk and then tap and hold the shift key and select continue in safe mode.
- Once you are into safe mode, test your issue, and check whether do not disturb working in mac or not.
- Now, exit safe mode and simply restart your Mac and do not process any keys.
- Now, test your issue again.
If you found this fixing guide on do not disturb not working in Mac then please share this post with your friends and family who are using Mac and want to learn something new. If you still have any query then you can drop your queries in the comment section below.