Best Mac Shortcuts – Technology is deeply ingrained in our regular lives, so much so that we cannot work without our laptops. Most of us are too busy to take the time and learn shortcuts that can not just make working more efficient, but also save a lot of time in browsing. Alternatively, you could be a new Mac user who has switched from using Windows for decades; how do you find the same shortcuts that were so simply available on Windows?
Best and Top 7 Mac Shortcuts To Make Your Life Easier
Today, we are going to look at the 7 most useful Mac shortcuts that will make you wonder why you didn’t bother to search for them earlier.
- Forward Delete: you usually erase sentences using the delete function, but did you know you can delete words and sentences to the right side of your cursor as well? This function is known as “forward delete”. Since Mac does not have a backspace key, you can use the Function+Delete keys to remove the characters on the right side of the cursor.
- Force Quit an App: In Windows, you can close an app using the X icon on the top right corner of any window. However, when you close a window in Mac, the app still stays open, using data and power. To close the app after use, press Command+Q.
- Switch Between Apps: Microsoft makes switching between tabs with the alt+tab function. However, you can do the same using the Command+Tab keys here to make navigation between apps and tabs easier.
- Close an App: The force quit is equivalent to the ctrl+alt+delete function of Windows. Switching to Mac after using Windows can leave you grappling to understand the same shortcuts. Luckily, the article has your back! To force quit an app, all you have to do is press Command+Option+Esc to kill the malfunctioning app.
- Incremental Volume and Brightness Change: The up and down buttons for your Mac device’s brightness and volume only operate on an incremental change. What if you wanted your brightness at a perfect 73%? This shortcut makes it possible for you to change the volume and brightness to a level of your liking; simply hold down Shift+Option while controlling the brightness and volume buttons for customized control.
- Activate Do Not Disturb: Don’t want to be bothered during deep work sessions or studying? It can be difficult to find the do not disturb settings in a Mac PC because it is hidden in the notification centre. For a shortcut, hold down the Option key while you click on the Notification Icon to start DND mode.
- Spotlight Search: This is the most useful shortcut of all; simply press Command+Spacebar to start spotlight search!
If you use a Mac, you understand how important a role the system plays to get your daily tasks done effectively. However, sometimes we forget that technology is supposed to provide greater convenience. We hope that these shortcuts are a quick study and help you use your Mac more efficiently!
Best Transportation Management Software for Business
Running a transportation business is a great way of making huge profits. In this day and age, better transportation facilities...
How to Use Best Aviation Software for Aviation Business?
Your dreams of running your own aviation business are finally coming true. You’ve worked hard, you’ve saved up, and you’re...
The Most Needed Repair Tips for Homeowner in 2022
Relax! Everyone goes through the stress of going through various Repair Tips for Homeowner which they can’t miss. After all,...
How to Buy a Home Where You Can’t Miss These 4 Features?
Several factors come into play when you are in search of a new home. Buyers want to make the best...
3 Things To Consider to Buy A Vehicle For A Startup
If you are going to launch a startup, you may go through significant hurdles and a long process of planning,...