Hello Geeknism Reader, if you are using an iOS or Windows-based device and getting an error called “a device attached to the system is not functioning”. Most of us already experience this issue when we try to transfer pictures or videos to windows via a USB flash drive.
A Device Attached To The System Is Not Functioning
This error message comes due to the reason where your windows PC not properly communicating with the iOS device and this could be the real reasons, which we mentioned below:
- It is because of iPhone or iPad isn’t connected with the computer properly.
- The computer USB port or USB cable might not be working properly.
- All the photos and videos are not incompatible formats which your PC isn’t accepted.
This error message comes when the connection can’t connect and breaks off after some of your pictures transferred which means the upload procedure does not run stably or the connected device.
So, this is why iPhone no longer responds. The problem isn’t related to your PC but it is because of your iPhone picture format compatibility with the Windows PC.
In this guide, we are going to explain to you how you can fix a device attached to the system that is not functioning error on your system.
Causes of “A Device Attached To The System Is Not Functioning” Error
Apple already replaced JPEG format with its own format called HEIC which only supports iOS-based devices. This the real reason behind this error because iOS tries to convert the format while you transfer and when it can’t convert the file then this error pop-out.
How to Fix “A Device Attached To The System Is Not Functioning” on iPhone?
Here are some of the steps to fix this error:
- First, try to reconnect your iPhone or iPad to your PC with a different USB port or USB cable.
- Or, try to switch between USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.
- Now, restart your computer and your iOS device.
- To make your photos compatible with the windows and go to your iOS device and follow this: settings > Photos and scroll down to find the “transfer to Mac or PC” section and click on Keep Originals.
- Now update iTunes to the latest version on your PC and click here if you are a Mac user or click here if you’re a Windows PC.
So, now you have complete information to fix a device attached to the system that is not functioning error in the PC because iOS doesn’t support the file format. If you still have any queries, then please drop your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you asap.